1. US Patent 8,639,484. “Method and Apparatus for Computer-Aided Tissue Engineering for Modeling, Design and Freeform Fabrication of Tissue Scaffolds, Constructs, and Devices.” Description: Multi-nozzle bioprinting method for creating complex tissue constructs comprised of multiple cells and materials (in licensing）
2. US Patent 8,735,117. “Method for Making Artificial Scaffolds Having Porous Three-Dimensional Body Comprising Cells.” Description: Method for using microcarrier beads to deliver cells for bioprinting.
3. US Patent 8,343,740 and related divisional 8,580,546 (joint w/NASA). “Micro Organ Device.” Description: Fabrication of micro-organs with microfluidic channels (ex. Liver for drug testing).
4. US Patent 8,936,742 “Integratable Assisted Cooling System for Precision Extrusion Deposition in the Fabrication of 3D Scaffolds”. Description: Device for cooling a polymer filament extruded for 3D printing.
5. US Patent 20140335141 “Layered manufacturing utilizing foam as a support and multifunctional material for the creation of parts and for tissue engineering”, Invertors: Description: Device for soft tissue modeling.
1. Zhao, Y., Rui, Y., Ouyang, L., Ding, H., Zhang, T., Zhang, K., Cheng, S. and Sun, W. “Three-dimensional printing of Hela cells for cervical tumor model in vitro”, Biofabrication, 6(3), 2014, doi:10.1088/1758-5082/6/3/035001.（3D打印体外肿瘤模型，BBC等众多媒体报道）
2. Ouyang, L., Yao, R., Mao, SS., Chen, X., Na, J. and Sun, W., “Three-dimensional bioprinting of embryonic stem cells directs highly uniform embryoid body formation”, Biofabrication, 7 (2015) 044101（胚胎干细胞打印，搜狐2016年3D打印5大新进展）.
3. Shor, L., Guceri, S., Wen, X., Gandhi, M. and Sun, W., “Fabrication and Cell-matrix Interaction Study on 3D Polycaprolactone/Hydroxypatite Tissue Scaffolds”, Biomaterials, 2007, 28(35), 5291-5297. (组织工程支架)
4. Jessica Snyder,Ae Rin Son, Qudus Hamid, Chengyang Wang, Yigong Lui , Wei Sun,Mesenchymal stem cell printing and process regulated cell properties, Biofabrication 7 (2015) 044106(间充质干细胞)
5. Hamid, Q., Wang, C., Snyder J., Williams, S., Liu, Y. and Sun, W., “Maskless Fabrication of Cell-laden Microfluidic Chips with localized Surface Functionalization for the Co-culture of Cancer Cells”, Biofabrication, 7 (2015) 015012; （细胞芯片打印）
6.Chang, R., Emami, K., Wu, H. and Sun, W., “Biofabrication of a Three-Dimensional Liver Micro-Organ as an In Vitro Drug Metabolism Model”, Biofabrication, 2010, Vol. 2, （微肝组织药物模型）
7. Ouyang, Liliang, Christopher B. Highley, Wei Sun, and Jason A. Burdick. “A Generalizable Strategy for the 3D Bioprinting of Hydrogels from Nonviscous Photo‐crosslinkable Inks.” Advanced Materials 29, no. 8 (2017). (Bioprinting with non-viscous bio-material)
8. Mi, Shengli, Zhichang Du, Yuanyuan Xu, Zhengjie Wu, Xiang Qian, Min Zhang, and Wei Sun. “Microfluidic co-culture system for cancer migratory analysis and anti-metastatic drugs screening.” Scientific reports 6 (2016): 35544. (Biofabrication of organ chips)
9. Wu, Zhengjie, Xin Su, Yuanyuan Xu, Bin Kong, Wei Sun, and Shengli Mi. “Bioprinting three-dimensional cell-laden tissue constructs with controllable degradation.” Scientific reports 6 (2016): 24474. (3D bioprinting of cell-laden tissue constructs)
10. Snyder, Jessica, Ae Rin Son, Qudus Hamid, Honglu Wu, and Wei Sun. “Hetero-cellular prototyping by synchronized multi-material bioprinting for rotary cell culture system.” Biofabrication 8, no. 1 (2015): 015002. (Multi-nozzle bioprinting)